Ecosystems Van Classroom Visit
Developed specifically for 6th grade, this FREE 55-minute (per class) outreach program explores stability and changes in ecosystems using inquiry-based learning, and interactive activities. Students discuss attainable conservation actions and how daily choices can impact local and global ecosystems.
Classroom Application/Core Curriculum
6th Grade SEEd Standards
Strand 6.4: STABILITY AND CHANGE IN ECOSYSTEMS
Student experience may include an opportunity to interact with one of the following Animal Ambassadors:
- African pygmy hedgehog
- Lesser Madagascar tenrec
- Giant cave cockroach
- Three-banded armadillo
- Ball python
- Rainbow boa
- This program is only offered to public and charter schools within a 90-minute drive from Loveland Living Planet Aquarium.
- The program is for 40 students or less.
- The presentation room must be wheelchair-accessible with a door that closes and should be free of classroom pets (fish are ok).
- The room must have at least one available electrical outlet.
- An adult representative from the school must accompany the class throughout the entire presentation.
- No other activities can occur in the room during the presentation.
- LLPA Educators must stay in the presentation room for the duration of our visit.
Because we visit on a rotational schedule, we will contact you when it is our year to visit your students.
For questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org